I have made these Strawberry Kiwi Smoothies before, but when I made them this time, I left out the mess!
The only food I may be allergic to that I know of is bananas. I will spare you the details other than every time I eat them, I feel like my stomach congeals like Jello and I feel sick and have to lie down until it passes. I first noticed this bizarre reaction to bananas when I was about 15 years old. Throughout the years I would try them again and the same symptoms would happen again. I stopped eating bananas after I realized that this episode had occurred more than once after eating them. I figure it is best to stay away from them because my body is obviously trying to tell me to stay away.
I even had to stop eating certain smoothies from Tropical Smoothie Cafe. I know you can special order, but did you know there are only two on their menu board that does not contain bananas? You learn that when you are pretty sure you are allergic to them. Bananas are used as a thickening agent. Without bananas, you have to resort to using yogurt as a thickening agent and to make the smoothie, smooth, unless you use a lot of fruit.
Strawberries and kiwis blended with ice, simple syrup and low-fat vanilla yogurt. A healthy breakfast or afternoon snack is just minutes away.
How To Make Strawberry Kiwi Smoothies
Add ice, strawberries, kiwis, yogurt and simple syrup to a blender or smoothie maker, blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
Pretty easy, pretty healthy and pretty good!
Strawberry Kiwi Smoothies
- 2 8-ounce glasses of ice
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- 2 kiwis peeled and sliced
- 2 cups Low-Fat Vanilla Bean Greek-Style Yogurt
- 1 cup simple syrup ½ cup sugar + ½ cup water boiled until sugar is dissolved into the water, cooled
- Add ice, strawberries, kiwis, yogurt and simple syrup to a blender or smoothie maker, blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
Latest posts by The Mountain Kitchen (see all)
- September Field Trip Friday • Tin Cannon Brewing & Giuseppe’s Ristorante - September 13, 2019
- Easy Black Bean Burgers - September 9, 2019
- August Mountain Moments 2019 - September 7, 2019