Greek salad made of tomatoes, cucumber, sliced red onion, feta cheese and black olives on a bed of fresh salad greens and drizzled with Greek dressing.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes quartered or halved
- 1 medium cucumber sliced
- 2 tablespoons red onion sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill finely chopped
- 6 ounces black olives sliced
- 4 ounces feta cheese crumbled
- 10 ounces fresh salad greens such as baby spinach or romaine lettuce
- pita bread for serving (optional)
- 1 ¼ teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 ¼ teaspoons dried basil
- 1 ¼ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
Prepare Greek Dressing:
Crush dried oregano and basil with a mortar and pestle or using your fingers and add to a small jar or plastic container with a lid. Add in the remaining dry ingredients and Dijon mustard. Add in the oil and vinegar. Place the lid on the jar and shake vigorously to combine oil and vinegar with the spice mixture.
Give the dressing a good shake, then pour the desired amount of dressing over salad and cheese.
Serve salad with pita bread blistered and warmed on a hot griddle or grill pan.
Refrigerate unused dressing.
Refrigerate as long as the expiration date of the Dijon mustard. To reuse, take out of the refrigerator about 5 to 10 minutes before needed (the olive oil tends to congeal a bit).
Calories: 433kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 39g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 1611mg | Potassium: 540mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1725IU | Vitamin C: 46.2mg | Calcium: 212mg | Iron: 2.7mg
Give this recipe a star rating, leave a comment below and share pictures of your food with us on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter! We can't wait to see them! Don't forget to mention @TheMountainKitchen or tag #TheMountainKitchen!