Spicy Chipotle Peach Barbecue Sauce With Fresh Peaches
The classic combination of a good barbecue sauce flavors, this chipotle peach barbecue sauce has them all: sweet, tangy and spicy. Try it on everything!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
- 2 fresh peaches peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ½ yellow onion minced
- 1 clove garlic grated
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 4 chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
Peel and dice up the peaches to the desired consistency you would like. Use a food processor or blender to make smooth, if desired. Set aside.
In a medium saucepan melt the butter over medium heat. When the butter starts to foam, add the onion cook until softened and start to turn golden brown; about 5 to 10 minutes.
When the onions are golden, add in the garlic. Cook for one more minute. Stir in the peaches and any rendered juices, honey, smoked paprika, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce and apple cider vinegar. Using a spoon, press chipotle chiles through a sieve into a saucepan; discard solids inside the sieve. Bring to a boil. Boil for one minute, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to a simmer. Continue to simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally to ensure it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
Add this sauce to anything your heart desires!
- Be sure to add any juices rendered from the peaches. If you don’t want a chunky sauce you could puree the peaches in a blender or food processor to the desired consistency you want.
- You can control the amount of spice by cutting back on the chipotle peppers if desired.
- Great on chicken, fish, and pork.
- This sauce refrigerates well. Store in a glass jar with a lid inside the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Calories: 41kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 156mg | Potassium: 107mg | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 270IU | Vitamin C: 3.1mg | Calcium: 6mg | Iron: 0.3mg
Give this recipe a star rating, leave a comment below and share pictures of your food with us on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter! We can't wait to see them! Don't forget to mention @TheMountainKitchen or tag #TheMountainKitchen!