Red Beans and Rice Salad
A fresh take on classic Louisiana Creole cuisine, this Red Beans and Rice Salad is a perfect side dish for your next cookout or potluck. The longer it sits, the better it gets!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 31 ounces red kidney beans (2) 15.5-ounce cans
- 17.6 ounces Long Grain White Rice (Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice) (2) 8.8-ounce packages
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce (or more, to taste)
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced or grated with a Microplane
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 stalks celery finely chopped
- ¼ cup parsley finely chopped
- ½ red onion small, finely chopped
- 1 cup bell peppers diced
- 2 tablespoons pickled or fresh jalapeno slices optional for extra heat and garnish
Rinse and drain
the beans. Heat the rice according to package directions.
Meanwhile, add the vinegar, olive oil, hot sauce, and garlic together inside a small jar with a lid. Shake up the vinaigrette ingredients inside the jar until well combined.
Add the heated rice into a large bowl. Give the vinaigrette one last shake and pour into the rice. Stir well to combine. Add the celery, parsley red onion, beans and bell peppers. Toss until well combined.
Serve right away or marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
If you don’t have a small jar, gradually drizzle the olive oil into the other ingredients of the vinaigrette while whisking, until well combined.
Make ahead and refrigerate the salad overnight for best results.
Recipe adapted from Savory Magazine
Calories: 412kcal | Carbohydrates: 68g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 388mg | Potassium: 469mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 870IU | Vitamin C: 29.5mg | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 2.3mg
Give this recipe a star rating, leave a comment below and share pictures of your food with us on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter! We can't wait to see them! Don't forget to mention @TheMountainKitchen or tag #TheMountainKitchen!