Ina’s Salmon Tacos
Fresh and simple, the tangy dill slaw with cucumbers adds a nice crunch, offset by smooth avocados the perfect match to the heat to Ina's salmon tacos.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
- ¾ pound green cabbage cored and finely shredded
- ½ seedless cucumber unpeeled, halved lengthwise, seeds removed and very thinly sliced
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill minced
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- extra virgin olive oil for greasing the pan
- 1 ½ to 2 pounds center-cut fresh salmon fillet
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice divided
- 8-12 6-inch flour or corn tortillas
- 3 ripe Hass avocados seeded and peeled
- Sriracha for serving (optional)
One hour before serving, marinate the slaw: add the cabbage, cucumber, vinegar, dill, together in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper, to taste; toss with tongs. Cover and refrigerate, until ready to serve.
After slaw has marinated, preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.Brush a baking dish with olive oil; place the salmon skin side down into the prepared dish.
In a small bowl, mix the chili powder, lime zest; season with salt, to taste. Brush the salmon with 1 tablespoon of the lime juice, sprinkle with the chipotle seasoning.
Place the prepared salmon into the preheated oven; roast for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the salmon is just cooked through.
Add the avocados and remaining 2 tablespoons of lime juice to a small bowl; season with salt and pepper to taste. Mash to desired consistency.
This recipe is best with fresh wild caught salmon. It will not disappoint!
Cooking time may vary due to the thickness of the salmon filet.
Recipe adapted from "Cooking for Jeffrey" by Ina Garten
Calories: 519kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 83mg | Sodium: 370mg | Potassium: 1444mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 500IU | Vitamin C: 33.9mg | Calcium: 102mg | Iron: 3.6mg
Give this recipe a star rating, leave a comment below and share pictures of your food with us on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter! We can't wait to see them! Don't forget to mention @TheMountainKitchen or tag #TheMountainKitchen!