This post is in memory of my dear friend Elizabeth Bond Brinster.
With all the summer heat still lurking around the mountain, it’s hard to think about pumpkin recipes, soups, stews and chili. So today, I’m sharing this recipe for Bacon Avocado Pasta.
Bow-tie pasta (farfalle) tossed with creamy avocado, and crispy bacon and a garlicky dressing of fresh lemon juice olive oil and basil. It’s rich creamy and so satisfying.
This delicious pasta recipe is perfect when you don’t have a lot of time to make dinner. It comes together in less than 30 minutes. All you have to do is cook the pasta and toss everything together.
If you are looking for a quick and easy dinner idea, this Bacon Avocado Pasta is the recipe for you.
Dinner is ready in no time!
My best friend, Suzan’s sister, Elizabeth, shared this recipe with me. Elizabeth was a “Pampered Chef Guru” and we always connected in some way with our food.
It saddens me to say Elizabeth lost her courageous battle with kidney cancer almost two years ago, at 50 years young. She was an inspirational and spiritual woman who could light up a room, especially your kitchen with her love of cooking. She never met a stranger and had such a way with words. Elizabeth touched people’s hearts with authenticity for life, and positive thoughts with a great sense of humor.
Elizabeth was known for her positive and enlightening Facebook posts. Even through her battle with cancer, she was always filled with hope and positivity. I cannot count the times just reading her posts was a bright spot in my day.
She is so very missed by all that knew her.
I came across this recipe the other day. It brought a smile to my face because it made me think of Elizabeth. Although this is not the only recipe Elizabeth with me other over the years, it’s a recipe that I have yet to share with you.
Today I’m sharing this recipe with you and I dedicate this blog post in memory of Elizabeth.
I hope this recipe brings a smile to your face and to all those you share this dish with.
May this pasta be the bright spot in your day!
Do you know how to make perfect pasta? Get tips to help you cook the pasta just right. Get the th HERE!
Bacon Avocado Pasta
- 8 ounces bow-tie pasta dried
- 2 medium avocados halved, seeded, peeled, and coarsely chopped
- 6 slices bacon
- ⅔ cup fresh basil chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- ½ cup Pecorino Romano cheese finely shredded
- Place the bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook turning occasionally until it has evenly browned; about 8 to 12 minutes. Remove the bacon from the pan and allow it to drain on paper towels while it cools. Then ball the bacon up inside a clean paper towel to crumble the bacon into small pieces.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Cook the pasta according to package directions and drain.
- In a large bowl combine the avocados, bacon, basil, lemon juice, olive oil, and garlic. Add the hot drained pasta and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Use tongs, to help toss everything together to combine.
- Sprinkle with cheese just before serving.