In Memory of ASHES “ATCHEE” SPIVEY (APRIL 1, 1999 – MARCH 9, 2018)
This was our beloved cat Ashes, AKA “Atchee”. Ashes passed away peacefully surrounded by his family, three weeks shy of his 19th birthday.
Thank you to all those who have reached out to us after the loss of our sweet kitty.
The weeks leading up to the loss of our sweet kitty were not easy. As you can imagine, after nearly 19 years, not having a cat around the house is quite an adjustment. Our loss has taken the wind out of our sails. Home doesn’t quite feel like home anymore. The house is quiet and empty without our “Atchee” in it. We are trying to learn to live life without our sweet boy. Each day gets a little easier, but our grieving hearts miss him so very much!
He was (and knew he was) royalty and lived in his own mountain palace. His favorite food was chicken, although he loves turkey, tuna, and the occasional taco and slice of smoked beef brisket. His favorite days were on Wednesday and Sundays because they were “TREAT DAYS”. He enjoyed daily spankings and spending time on his “purr pad”.
Atchee taught us a lot about life and has taken away a piece of our hearts forever.
Read more about His Royal Highness:
- Happy 14th Birthday Ashes!
- Crock-Pot Vegetable Beef Soup: His Royal Highness Cooked Again
- His Royal Highness Earns His Keep
- Hot Dogs On A Cold Night and Lessons of Worthlessness
- Happy Birthday, Atchee Boy!
- It’s No April Fools, His Royal Highness Is 16!!
- How Embarrassing!
- No April Foolin’ His Royal Highness Turns 17
- The Old Cat On the Mountain and A Mail Order Cheesecake From New York
- Happy 18th Birthday Atchee
- Let’s Catch Up! July 2017
- Farewell 2017: A Look Back