As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
Take a break from your usual salad with this refreshing and flavorful cherry-apple salad. This salad has different textures and crunches with a tangy and bright orange champagne vinaigrette and smooth creamy goat cheese, that will make your mouth happy!
We did a little grilling on Friday night and took the deck furniture out of the basement for Mother Nature to wash off. Apparently, she thought it was grungy because she washed it all weekend! We are so overdue for some much-needed deck time, but the temperatures were only in the 50’s and most of the time we couldn’t see past the tree line of our property. It is pretty, but enough is enough!
Despite the weather, there was a bright spot found in this salad recipe I’m about to share with you. I made this salad a while back with some cherries I found at the store from Argentina. I decided to hang on to this recipe a little while because it is really hard to find fresh cherries when they are not in season. (Believe me, I have looked!)
Friday I went to The Fresh Market and was happy to see huge boxes of cherries from Washington State. I scooped them right up and placed them into the cart. David and I did not realize how much I loved cherries until the last couple of years. They are good for snacking, for breakfast with yogurt and of course, there is always pie; even easy mini pies. You can also enjoy cherries on Meatless Monday with this salad.
How To Make Cherry-Apple Salad
Combine all of the vinaigrette ingredients in a small jar with a lid; close and shake well. (If you don’t have a jar, you can whisk the ingredients together in small bowl, drizzling in the olive oil last; whisking vigorously.)
In a medium bowl, toss mixed greens, cherries, apples, goat cheese, and almonds. Drizzle with the orange champagne vinaigrette.
This salad is so full of flavor, I get excited just thinking about it. The cherries and goat cheese are probably one of my favorite combinations. I haven’t tried it, but I am sure it would be good using strawberries instead of cherries, but cherries will win me over every time.
I know you’ll love this cherry-apple salad too.
Cherry-Apple Salad With Orange Champagne Vinaigrette
- 1 to 2 cups mixed greens
- 6 to 10 fresh cherries pitted
- ½ apple cored, large dice
- 1 ounce goat cheese crumbled
- 2 tablespoons almonds
- 1-2 tablespoons Orange Champagne Vinaigrette (recipe to follow)
The Orange Champagne Vinaigrette
- ¼ cup champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- Combine all of the vinaigrette ingredients in a small jar with a lid; close and shake well. (If you don’t have a jar, you can whisk the ingredients together in small bowl, drizzling in the olive oil last; whisking vigorously.)
- In a medium bowl, toss mixed greens, cherries, apples, goat cheese, and almonds. Drizzle with the orange champagne vinaigrette.