As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
I started counting calories a week ago, but I want you to know I loved this 5-minute chickpea avocado salad before then. And it wasn’t just me that loved this salad. David loves it too.
It only takes 6 ingredients (chickpeas, avocado, red onion, feta cheese, cilantro, and lime juice) to make this salad. It amazes me how this salad with such simple ingredients comes together with so much flavor. This delicious chickpea avocado salad has become a go-to salad when I need a quick easy lunch. It stays in the rotation as one of my must-have salad recipes.
It’s so dang good!
The flavors of the tangy feta cheese, crunchy onion, fresh cilantro, and zippy lime come together to transform the chickpeas and creamy avocado into a satisfying flavor explosion that instantly becomes addictive. And that is a really good thing because this salad is as healthy as a salad can get!
Health Benefits of Chickpea Avocado Salad
Among the six ingredients, are creamy avocados. Avocados are packed full of healthy monounsaturated fats that can help decrease the risk of cancer, heart disease, and inflammation. One of the greatest benefits of monounsaturated fats is that they help your body absorb nutrients from other plant foods. Along with vitamins and antioxidants, monounsaturated fats can even help improve your mood and help you lose weight.
Not only that, but the chickpeas are high in fiber. They are associated with a number of possible health benefits. They can help your body defend against diabetes, improve digestion, bone health, help lower blood pressure and cholesterol, prevent heart disease, ward off cancer and other genetic diseases. Chickpeas are also good for your bones, skin, and hair.
If you are thinking about leaving out the cilantro, DON’T!! Beyond its nutritional benefits, cilantro is a powerful, cleansing agent that can rid the body of toxic metals.
A super healthy salad that is easy to make in just five minutes. This is all music to my ears, what about yours?
This chickpea avocado salad is the perfect way to get more whole-food-goodness into your belly! Best of all, it only takes 5-minutes to make this delicious high protein, high fiber chickpea avocado salad. This is a vegetarian salad recipe that’s full of fresh and healthy ingredients.
Perfect for a super healthy Meatless Monday lunch or a side dish to share at a weekend picnic or potluck!
Just don’t forget the lime juice! The lime juice is what brings this flavorful chickpea salad altogether.
It’s good to the very last drop!
Chickpea Avocado Salad
- 1 can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 avocados pitted, and chopped
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons red onion finely chopped
- 2- ounces feta cheese crumbled
- Juice of 1 lime
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, toss avocado, cilantro, red onion, feta cheese, with lime juice; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine chickpeas, and onion. Microwave on high for 30-seconds.
- Add the chickpeas and onion into the bowl with the avocado mixture and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir well.
- Serve with extra cilantro, if desired.
- Onions can have a pungent, lingering aftertaste; to calm the onion flavors, you can slice them and soak them in cold ice water for 10-minutes before adding them to the salad. I spoke about this in more detail HERE.
- Microwaving the chickpeas and onion is not necessary, but a personal preference. It’s not about the heat, at all. Only 30 seconds in the microwave can take some of the rawness out of the chickpeas and softens the flavor of the onions a bit more.