As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
Crunchy cabbage, crisp apples, and green onions tossed with a zesty mustard dressing, this colorful Apple-Cabbage Slaw makes a great side dish for any summer BBQ.
Can you believe that our favorite Mexican restaurant is where I learned to love coleslaw?!? I know, it isn’t where I expected to develop this crazy affair either, but our favorite Mexican restaurant serves salsa and coleslaw with their fresh tortilla chips. It may sound kind of strange, but it is so good.
If it hadn’t have been for their slaw I may never have found out that I developed a taste for raw cabbage, nor would I have ever thought about making this Apple-Cabbage Slaw. Now I enjoy slaw with fried fish, BBQ sandwiches and fish tacos just like anybody else.
I’ve been trying new types of coleslaw ever since. I’ve really been missing out! The crazy thing is about this recipe is that I almost didn’t get to try it. I just so happened to look on the backside of the torn out magazine page for the recipe page for the French Dip Sandwiches the apples practically sang to me.
I’m so glad I didn’t miss out on this recipe!
How To Make Apple Cabbage Slaw
In an extra-large bowl, combine the apple, coleslaw, and green onion.
In a separate small bowl, whisk together mustard, oil, vinegar, and honey. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Pour the mustard mixture over the cabbage mixture; toss with tongs to combine.
Serve immediately, or cover, and refrigerate up to 2 hours.
This slaw is like a party in your mouth! Come, check out the Slow-Cooker French Dip Sandwiches that I made using this slaw!
p.s. Speaking of parties, I’m happy to share this recipe over at Fiesta Friday. Come on over and enjoy the fun!
- 2 Gala apples , cored and chopped into bite size pieces
- 10 ounce package angel hair coleslaw
- ¼ cup green onion chopped
- ¼ cup whole-grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- In an extra-large bowl, combine the apple, coleslaw, and green onion.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together mustard, oil, vinegar, and honey. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour the mustard mixture over the cabbage mixture; toss with tongs to combine.
- Serve immediately, or cover, and refrigerate up to 2 hours, tossing before serving.