As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
This Crock-pot Mexican chicken soup is filled with chicken, vegetables, and Mexican flavors. It’s healthy, hearty and ready when you get at the end of a long day.
Crock-Pot Mexican Chicken Soup
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 onions chopped
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 4 carrots chopped
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 2½ quarts chicken stock
- 28 ounce canned whole tomatoes crushed
- 4 jalapeno peppers seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
Serving Suggestions: Fresh cilantro , avocado slices, grated cheese, sour cream and tortilla chips (options are endless).
- Sprinkle chicken breasts generously with salt and pepper. Place the chicken into the bottom of the crock-pot. Add all the ingredients to the crock-pot. Hand-crush the tomatoes when adding to the crock-pot.
- Cook 6 to 8 hours on low heat.
- Once the soup has cooked, stir well and break up the chicken using a pair of tongs or fork until it is shredded and mixed into the liquid of the soup.
- Ladle into bowls. Serve the soup hot topped with a dollop of sour cream, grated Cheddar cheese, cilantro, and tortilla chips.
- Air Fryer Cod – A Healthier Option For Fried Fish Lovers - May 7, 2021
- Cinco De Mayo Recipes - May 2, 2021
- How to Clean Leeks: A Step-By-Step Guide - April 23, 2021