As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
Craving something sweet? This easy summer fruit salad is a great way to enjoy a delicious and healthy snack. Not to mention there’s nothing better than a bowl full of vibrant juicy summer fruit on a hot summer day.
This easy summer fruit salad was my go-to snack last year when I was trying to lose weight. For some reason, I always crave something sweet after a meal and this salad satisfies that craving. It’s also a way for me to sneak something healthy into David when he is at work with those “sweet teeth” of his.
This salad has no refined sugar and I don’t add any type of honey or yogurt dressing like some recipes call for. I don’t really see a need for all of that when the fruit is naturally sweet simply naked. I never once felt guilty about eating this salad because (A) it is all-natural and (B) who gets fat from eating fruit anyway?
This salad is practically exploding with vitamins and antioxidants, this fruit salad recipe makes a great snack, side dish or a healthy alternative for dessert. Serve this easy summer fruit salad naked or with a dollop of whipped cream, yogurt and granola or serve it topping pancakes for Sunday brunch.
How To Make Easy Summer Fruit Salad
I love how easy this salad is to make, using whatever fruits I have on hand. A vibrant mix of juicy ripe summer fruit with pops of sweet and sourness that blend harmoniously together with a contrast of texture: strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, kiwi, grapes, oranges, and apples. For the most part, there is very little peeling or chopping. The pineapple is probably the hardest to deal with, followed by peeling the orange and kiwi and coring the apple.
Although this is my favorite combination of fruit, you can substitute for your taste. This salad is also a great way to use seasonal fruit from your local farmers’ market.
Tips To Making Fruit Salad
- Make this fruit salad up to 24 hours ahead to allow the delicious sweetness of the fruit to meld together.
- Cut all the fruit to be about the same size. This makes it easier to eat.
- You can substitute the fruit with your favorites. Just keep in mind that bananas are best if they are cut fresh right before serving.
- Apples and pears can oxidize and turn brown. You can toss them with a little bit of citrus juice before adding to the salad if you are worried about the presentation. However, I have made this recipe quite a few times with apple slices and the rest of the fruits I use to keep them fresh looking without the added citrus.
- For best results, crisp apples such as Fuji, Gala, Honey Crisp or my favorite Envy are best. Learn more about apple varieties HERE.
- This salad is best if eaten within the first 24-hours. However, you can store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Longer than that and the fruit really gets mushy.
- If the fruit breaks down after a few days in the refrigerator, don’t throw it out. Drop them into a smoothie!
I hope this delicious fruit salad is the healthy recipe you needed! If it is comment below. What fruits will you use? I’d love to hear!
Easy Summer Fruit Salad
- ½ fresh pineapple sliced and cut into chunks
- 3 kiwis peeled and chopped
- ½ cup grapes whole
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup strawberries quartered
- 2 oranges peeled and chopped
- 1 apple cored and diced choose a crisp apple for best results such as Fuji, Gala, Honey Crisp or my favorite Envy.
- Place all fruit salad ingredients in a large bowl, gently toss to combine. Eat immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.