As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
This Indonesian Chicken is another recipe inspired by Ina Garten. Yes, another one inspired by Queen Ina. I can’t help it, I can’t find a recipe of Ina’s that isn’t good. I will keep trying though.
Last weekend, I saw an episode of another Barefoot Contessa, in which Ina made Indonesian Grilled Swordfish. The swordfish looked really delicious, but really fresh swordfish is not easy to come by here on the mountain. Some phone calls and travel would be involved to get fresh swordfish.
Since the swordfish was out of the question, I decided to make up a similar recipe, but I used chicken in place of the swordfish. Quick and easy this Indonesian chicken is full of flavor, with tender juicy chicken thighs, marinated in a warm Indonesian marinade of soy sauce, lemon juice, and Dijon mustard.
I will still want to try the Indonesian Swordfish recipe, but I have to say that this Indonesian chicken was fantastic!
I made up a batch of fried rice to go with the chicken. I’m not sure, but I think it may have been even better the next day for lunch!
Check out the recipe our Indonesian Swordfish HERE!
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice + lemon zest
- ¼ cup ginger root grated
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 6 chicken thighs skin/bone-in
- Mix the ingredients above with a whisk. Pour over the chicken inside of a zip top bag. Marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Pour ingredients and chicken out into an oven safe baking dish. Place the preheated oven for 30 to 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.