David and I are suckers for store-bought frozen French bread pizzas. There’s nothing fancy about them, but they inspired me to make homemade vegetable french bread pizzas for Meatless Monday.
Vegetable French bread pizzas are crisp on the bottom, soft and chewy in the center, and can be made with various toppings. Of course, it’s up to you what you put on your pizza. They are also quick and easy to make. Made to order by your family and friends in just minutes!
Ingredients Needed For the Pizzas
- Bread: (12–14-inch) loaf of French or Italian bread, sliced in half then in half lengthwise. The soft pillowy inside cradles the sauce and toppings beautifully.
- Sauce: homemade or store-bought pizza sauce. I whip up pizza sauce rather quickly using this recipe!
- Cheese: shredded mozzarella cheese and parmesan are a must. Use whatever you like.
- Vegetable Toppings: we love black olives, sliced mushrooms, onions, peppers, and artichokes. Use your favorites!
How To Make Vegetable French Bread Pizza
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place french bread, cut side up, on a foil-lined baking sheet. Add sauce, cheese, and desired toppings.
- Place the pan in the preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the cheese starts to bubble a bit and turn golden.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
Even with the homemade pizza sauce, these french bread pizzas are easy to make and ready in less than 30 minutes. It’s a fun way to serve up Meatless Monday and you’ll never miss the meat!
It’s that easy!
Vegetable French Bread Pizzas
- 1 (12–14-inch) loaf French or Italian bread, split in half lengthwise
- 1 cup pizza sauce homemade or store-bought
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded or sliced
- desired toppings
- Preheat to the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place french bread, cut side up, on a foil-lined baking sheet. Add cheese and desired toppings.
- Place the pan in the preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the cheese starts to bubble a bit and turn golden. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
Leave a Reply