These burgers are crowned with bacon onion burger crowns and I am here to tell you, Burger King has nothing on this burger! Slices of crispy, smokey bacon are wrapped around sweet onion rings, grilled or baked to make the perfect crown for your next burger.
Sometimes you just crave home grilled hamburgers and David and I had been craving a home grilled cheeseburgers for a couple of weeks. I happened to come across an interesting recipe for Smoked Bacon Wrapped Onion Rings with Sriracha Mayo Dipping Sauce that was on a cool food blog called Grilling 24/7. When I came across this recipe, I couldn’t help but imagine how it would be to crown a bacon wrapped onion ring on top of our cheeseburgers…
We made crispy bacon burger crowns of goodness to top ordinary cheeseburgers and baked them in the oven.
David filled his crown with chili. Which got me thinking about how decadent it would be to slide a fried egg on top of that crown… LAWD!
Thank you Grilling 24/7 for inspiring me and forever changing the cheeseburgers we serve up in The Mountain Kitchen! These were easy and awesome. The bacon gives you a smoky flavor and the onion gets sweeter the longer it cooks. Burger King ain’t got nothing on this burger!
So, when are you going to crown your next burger?
Bacon Onion Burger Crowns
- 1 pound thin sliced bacon
- 1 large sweet onion sliced into ½-inch rings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut onions into ½-inch thick rings and pop the internal rings out until you have a nice sturdy onion ring.
- Wrap each onion ring with bacon. I used at least 2 slices per onion ring, making sure the onion ring was completely covered with bacon.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes until bacon is cooked and somewhat crispy.
- Place the crown on top of your favorite cheeseburger.
Leave a Reply