As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
David will not admit it, but this chipotle-lime hummus has changed his opinion of hummus. Although he says he doesn’t like hummus, HE DOES!
I have been hanging on to this recipe for a little while because I have been on a huge hummus kick lately but I didn’t want you to think I was completely obsessed with hummus.
I have been trying a lot of hummus recipes lately, but it may not be time to join the Hummus Anonymous Group just yet but hold that thought.
This flavorful recipe is a great twist on classic hummus. Creamy chickpeas with Mexican spices and the warm soft smoky heat of adobo and chipotle chilies offset with a light refreshing zing of lime. This chipotle-lime hummus would be great for parties or small gatherings. It’s like a Mexican fiesta inside your mouth!
Let me share this recipe with you and perhaps you will understand why David changed his opinion of hummus!
How To Make Chipotle-Lime Hummus
With the motor running, pour in the olive oil and lime juice; process until a smooth paste forms.
Transfer the hummus into a serving bowl, topped with more olive oil, adobo sauce and chipotle chilies if desired. Sprinkle with freshly chopped cilantro and add lime wedges on the side.
Serve with pita or tortilla chips, and for an even healthier snack serve with veggies.
Store leftover hummus in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Raise your chip if you’re gonna try this chipotle-lime hummus recipe this weekend!
What’s your favorite hummus recipe? Comment below!
- 15 ounces canned chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chilies minced
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce from the can of chipotle chilies in adobo
- 1 clove garlic quartered
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons lime juice fresh
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon cilantro chopped for garnish (optional)
- With the motor running, pour in the olive oil and lime juice; process until a smooth paste forms.
- Transfer the hummus into a serving bowl, topped with more olive oil, adobo sauce and chipotle chilies if desired. Sprinkle with freshly chopped cilantro.
- Serve with pita or tortilla chips, and for an even healthier snack serve with veggies.
The Mountain Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
There is no extra cost to you for clicking! It just helps us afford to do what we do here at TheMountainKitchen.com. Thanks for your support!
Latest posts by The Mountain Kitchen (see all)
- Delectable Pan-Seared Pork Chops with Dijon Bacon Vinaigrette - February 21, 2020
- Air-Fried Dill Pickles With Chipotle Dipping Sauce - February 19, 2020
- Valentine’s Day Recipes For Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner - February 12, 2020