As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
David’s peach crisp is made of ripe, juicy peaches tossed in sugar and cinnamon with a comforting topping of crunchy rolled oats, brown sugar, pecans, and butter with the warmth of more cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger.
David is a sugar and cinnamon junkie! He loves it, and he always puts extra of each in everything he makes for dessert. This recipe for this cinnamon peach crisp no different!
As you know, David really knows his way around a grill, but he’s pretty darn good in the kitchen too. He’s the breakfast guru in our house since I don’t do breakfast until around brunch time, and sometimes he even makes desserts.
This crisp recipe turned out great, and today we are sharing it with you. Let’s make peach crisp!
Ingredients You’ll Need to Make this Recipe
A detailed list of ingredients can be found in the printable/savable recipe card at the end of this post.
For the Filling:
- Peaches: 5 to 6 medium ripe, but firm fresh peaches.
- Spices: Vietnamese cinnamon, granulated white sugar, and brown sugar.
For the Topping
- Oats: Regular old fashioned rolled oats.
- Sweetner: Brown sugar
- Thickener: All-purpose flour
- Spices: Vietnamese cinnamon, ground nutmeg, ground ginger
- Butter: Unsalted butter encourages both browning and crispness
- Texture: Chopped pecans because they are David’s favorite.
For Serving the Peach Crisp:
Vanilla ice cream is highly recommended for serving (optional).
What Kind of Peaches Should I use?
Yellow or white freestone peaches are recommended. The pits come out easily (hence the name “freestone.” This variety of peach is are sweet, a little bit tart, and full of flavor.
Can I Use Frozen Peaches?
Yes, you can use frozen peaches, but thaw them first and drain any excess juice.
How To Make David’s Cinnamon Peach Crisp
- Peel, halve, pit, and cut the peaches into ½-inch-thick slices.
- Place peach slices into a bowl and stir in cinnamon and sugars.
- In a medium bowl combine oats, brown sugar, flour, and spices.
- Cut in the butter, with two knives or a dough blender, until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in nuts.
- Sprinkle topping overfilling.
Bake the crisp in a preheated 375 degree F oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the fruit is tender and the topping is golden.
Serve warm with a generous scoop of vanilla ice cream, if desired.
David and I don’t get along in the kitchen, and I always complain about the mess he makes, but I do love it when he cooks! This cinnamon peach crisp makes me love peaches, and I’m pretty sure you’ll love it too!
David’s Cinnamon Peach Crisp
- 2 pounds fresh peaches ripe but firm (about 5-6 medium peaches)*
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
For the Peaches
- Peel, halve, pit, and cut the peaches into ½-inch-thick slices. Place peach slices into a bowl and stir in cinnamon and sugars.
For the Topping
- In a medium bowl combine oats, brown sugar, flour, and spices. Cut in butter, with two knives or a dough cutter, until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in nuts. Sprinkle topping over filling.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until fruit is tender and the topping is golden.
- Serve warm with a generous scoop of vanilla ice cream, if desired.
The Mountain Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to allow sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
There is no extra cost to you for clicking! It just helps us afford to do what we do here at TheMountainKitchen.com. Thanks for your support!