As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
For some reason winter is not giving up y’all, so, warm up with this healthy carrot-ginger soup with roasted vegetables!
The unseasonably cold weather seems to be affecting everyone on the east coast. Today’s forecast up on the mountain is a high of 43 degrees F with a.m. snow showers… Yep, it’s still soup weather and this healthy carrot-ginger soup will hit the spot.
A wholesome and hearty vegetarian meal in a bowl, this carrot-ginger soup is healthy loaded with carrots, beans, leeks, garlic, ginger, and coconut milk, topped with roasted broccoli, zucchini, and crunchy croutons. Best of all it is easy to make and packed with delicious veggies!
5 things you will love about this Healthy Carrot-Ginger soup:
- Meat-Free: This hearty, satisfying carrot-ginger soup is a great recipe perfect recipe for Meatless Monday. This soup will surely become a go-to meatless option.
- Guilt-Free: You don’t have to feel guilty about eating it. Cannellini beans increase the fiber and make this soup more filling and help to thicken it.
- Dairy-Free: This soup is also vegan and dairy-free because the cream is swapped out for coconut milk.
- Gluten-Free Option: Croutons and roasted vegetables add even more heartiness and flavor to this soup, but the bread could be left out for anyone looking for a gluten-free version of this recipe.
- Husband Approved: What I love most about this soup is that even though the traditional fatty ingredients are replaced with healthier ingredients, David Spivey loves this soup. He thought it was even better the next day! Getting him to eat healthier can be a challenge sometimes.
It always amazes me when a dish comes together without all the fat and calories, but still tastes so good you can’t even tell it is so good for you. This healthy carrot-ginger soup is the perfect way to get your family to eat more vegetables.
Rumor has it that there are warmer temps in the forecast towards the end of the week. C’mon Spring you can do it!
Other Carrot Soup Recipes
- Carrot-Cheddar Soup In Bread Bowls
- Curried Carrot-Coconut Soup
- Roasted Carrot-Apple Soup With Paprika Brown Butter
Healthy Carrot-Ginger Soup With Roasted Vegetables
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil divided + extra for serving, if desired
- 1 medium leek trimmed, cleaned and cut into very thin slices
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh ginger peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic smashed
- 5 carrots chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 14 ounce can light coconut milk
- 15 ounce can cannellini beans rinsed and drained
- 3 cups water
- 2 small zucchini chopped
- 3 cups broccoli florets roughly chopped
- 3 cups broccoli florets and tender stems about 1 head, roughly chopped
- 2 slices crusty bread
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F and wrap a large baking sheet with aluminum foil; set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large heavy pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the leeks, ginger, and garlic; saute, stirring occasionally. Cook until the leeks are tender; about 2 minutes. Stir in the carrots and season salt and pepper to taste. Then stir in the coconut milk, beans, and water; bring to a boil over high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the carrots are very tender, 20 minutes.
- While the soup is cooking, place the zucchini, broccoli, and bread on the prepared baking sheet and toss with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven, until the vegetables are tender and have started to brown and the bread is toasted; about 15 minutes.
- When the carrots are tender, puree the soup with an immersion blender (or transfer to a regular blender in batches and puree); taste and season with salt and pepper, if needed.
- To serve, ladle the soup into bowls and drizzle with olive oil (if desired); top with the roasted vegetables and croutons.
- Air Fryer Cod – A Healthier Option For Fried Fish Lovers - May 7, 2021
- Cinco De Mayo Recipes - May 2, 2021
- How to Clean Leeks: A Step-By-Step Guide - April 23, 2021