As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
Ladyfingers layered with chocolate and vanilla pudding, topped with a chocolate sauce and whipped cream. These easy to make Ladyfinger Mini Eclairs are perfect for bridal, baby showers, parties or just a good sweet snack.
It’s a known fact that I do not make that many desserts. I tend to avoid them. With David’s sweet teeth and our bulging waistlines, it’s just not a good idea. Not to mention the fact that I do not have the patience it takes for the really precise and meticulous recipes.
However, I think I may be making more desserts in the future. A couple of weeks ago, I completely redid my recipe binders. I discovered dessert recipes that I have had tucked away for years, just waiting for me to make them. I can’t just add them to the binder without trying them first.
Along with the dessert recipes, I discovered other types of recipes to try also. I will try to pick a minimum of 1 to 2 new recipes a week to try. Some of these recipes are pretty exciting and I cannot wait to try them! I guess desserts will have to be included too, so I know if they can make it into my Tried and True recipe binder.
Today I want to share with you a recipe to test the waters a bit. This is one I made up myself, using David’s love for Boston Cream and Eclairs as my inspiration. I have had a package of ladyfingers in the freezer since I made the Tiramisu for David’s birthday. Each time I pull the freezer drawer open, they call out to me:
“Psssst! Psssst! Hey, you! Yeah, You. Don’t you want to make something fattening to eat with me?”
I finally got tired of the voices inside the freezer drawer. Pulled them out to defrost, then I slathered them down in chocolate and vanilla pudding, topped them with more chocolate and oh yes, whipped cream. This is a no-brainer recipe that is easy to make. Perfect for bridal or baby showers, or just a good sweet snack.
Here’s how I made these yummy Ladyfinger Mini Eclairs:
Prepare both the chocolate and vanilla puddings, per package instructions.
When the pudding is ready, separate the layers of the ladyfinger. Spoon on about 1 to 2 teaspoons of each pudding, using a fork or spoon to smear it across the ladyfinger.
This is where a piping bag would make life easier, and neater.
Place the top of the ladyfinger on top of the puddings and gently press into place. Place it on a plate.
Repeat the process until you are out of ladyfingers.
You will have extra pudding to enjoy as a trifle or by itself.
Prepare the Chocolate Sauce:
Melt the butter and sugar on a low heat. Take butter/sugar mix off the heat and mix in the cocoa to a paste. Add powdered sugar to desired thickness. If it is too thick, place it back on the heat.
Use a spoon to top each mini ladyfinger eclair. Place them into the refrigerator, for at least 30 minutes to set.
Serve chilled topped with whipped cream.
These Ladyfinger Mini Eclairs were so good!! However, I do want to give you a word of caution. Do not make these too far ahead and do not expect to have leftovers. As these sat in the refrigerator, the ladyfingers started to become soggy. It is best to make a batch that will be eaten right away or make them as needed.
I hope to share more dessert recipes with you in the coming months, but most of all I hope David doesn’t go into a sugar coma, before I can get the leftover desserts away from the house to share with friends and co-workers.
Hopefully, there won’t be any recipe fails, but if there are, I will share those too!
Ladyfinger Mini Eclairs
- 1 package vanilla instant pudding
- 1 package chocolate instant pudding
- 4 cups of whole milk
- 2 12 ounce packages ladyfingers
- whipped topping optional
The Chocolate Sauce
- ½ stick unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- whole milk to mix cocoa powder into a paste
- powdered sugar
- Prepare both the chocolate and vanilla puddings, per package instructions.
- When the pudding is ready, separate the layers of the ladyfinger. Spoon on about 1 to 2 teaspoons of each pudding using a fork to smear it across the ladyfinger.
- Place the top of the ladyfinger on top of the puddings and gently press into place. Place it on a plate. Repeat the process until you are out of ladyfingers.
Prepare the Chocolate Sauce
- Melt the butter and sugar on a low heat. Take butter/sugar mix off the heat and mix in the cocoa to a paste. Add powdered sugar to desired thickness. If it is too thick, place it back on the heat.
- Use a spoon to top each mini ladyfinger eclair. Place them into the refrigerator, for at least 30 minutes to set.
- Serve chilled topped with whipped cream.
Latest posts by The Mountain Kitchen (see all)
- Delectable Pan-Seared Pork Chops with Dijon Bacon Vinaigrette - February 21, 2020
- Air-Fried Dill Pickles With Chipotle Dipping Sauce - February 19, 2020
- Valentine’s Day Recipes For Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner - February 12, 2020