I’m not trying to promote 7-Eleven, but they do have great products in their stores. David and I rely on the store when we take our canoe trips on the Shenandoah River. We stop by and get things to eat for lunch, rather than taking the extra time to prepare things at home to take. I like some of their prepared salads, so this summer I decided to try a Mediterranean pasta salad, that had everything you needed for the salad inside a packaged plastic bowl, including the spoon!
Since making that wonderfully delicious Tuscan Tortellini Pasta salad, I realized that pasta salads aren’t all about cold slimy noodles. Pasta salads can be warm or room temperature. Pasta salads don’t have to make you cringe, they can be good!
This easy to make Mediterranean pasta salad is refreshing, satisfying, hearty, and filled with rich flavors and textures. Pasta tossed with fresh tomatoes, black olives, healthy spinach, and feta cheese, drizzled with dressing. It’s simple and blissfully delicious! Here’s how I made it:
How To Make Mediterranean Pasta Salad
Cook pasta according to package directions. Allow it to cool slightly.
When the pasta has cooled, toss with tomatoes, olives and spinach and top with feta cheese and drizzle with dressing. Serve immediately.
Yes, it is that easy!
This pasta salad is great for a quick-lunch and can be easily converted to make more servings to feed more folks. I have to make single servings because David isn’t a fan of pasta salad.
Yeah, he’s cray-cray like that. I don’t question it; I just have to love him for who he is.
Mediterranean Pasta Salad
- 8 ounces fusilli pasta any shape will work
- ½ cup grape tomatoes sliced or quartered
- 2 tablespoons black olives sliced
- 4 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese crumbled
- 2 tablespoons salad dressing such as a creamy basil vinaigrette, creamy caesar, or ranch dressing,
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Allow it to cool slightly.
- When the pasta has cooled, toss with tomatoes, olives and spinach and top with feta cheese and drizzle with dressing. Serve immediately.