As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
A lighter twist on a brunch classic, this
If you are not familiar with quiche, a quiche is a savory French dish made of an egg custard flecked with cheeses and other fillings baked inside a buttery crust.
It takes a fair amount of time to cook, but there is very minimal prep time. This vegetable quiche is the perfect make-ahead recipe for when you have guests coming. Not to mention it’s a good way to use up leftover vegetable before they go bad! It reheats well for quick weekday breakfasts, although the crust won’t be quite as crisp, that is what you have come to expect with a microwave. It’s still delicious, but a toaster oven would be ideal for reheating.
Making the filling is just as easy as it sounds. First make the savory “custard”, by whisking the eggs and half and
For this vegetable quiche, I used ricotta cheese, feta cheese, fresh zucchini, grape tomatoes, kalamata olives, onion,
This recipe is so much easier than the disastrous Mushroom Quiche I posted about years ago because it uses a frozen pie crust. Just pop it out of the freezer, fill it and bake!
What ingredients would you add? I’d love to hear about it. Comment below!!
- 1 frozen pie crust
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup half and half
- ¼ cup ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup feta cheese crumbled
- 2 small zucchini chopped
- ¼ cup grape tomatoes sliced in half
- 2 tablespoons kalamata olives sliced
- ½ onion diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with the half and half and ricotta cheese. Stir in the remaining ingredients, and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the frozen pie crust. Place the quiche onto a rimmed baking sheet. Bake on the middle oven rack for about 1 hour or until slightly puffed up, firm to touch and the top is lightly browned. You can check for doneness by inserting a knife into the center. If it comes out clean, it’s ready.
- Allow the quiche to cool for about ten minutes, then cut into 6 wedges and serve.