These vegetarian nachos were the perfect Cinco De Mayo meal for Meatless Monday!
This year Cinco De Mayo fell on Meatless Monday. I decided to fix something quick and simple. We have had several Mexican Meatless Monday’s at our house the last few weeks. I needed to make something that did not take a lot of time. (I had been sick and didn’t feel like standing over a stove.)
Nachos are a quick and easy way to get your Mexican fix. Although nachos are not a traditional Mexican dish, most people still equate nachos with Mexican food. Decorated with all the usual Mexican ingredients it’s hard not to love them and eat them for Cinco De Mayo.
These vegetarian nachos are made with tortilla chips covered in cheeses, black beans and with any meatless toppings you choose.
How to Make Vegetarian Nachos
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Place the chips in a single layer on a baking sheet. Add the black beans and sprinkle with the cheeses.
Bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Meanwhile, make sure that all of the cold toppings are ready to go. The nachos cool down very fast, so you don’t want it all to be cold when you serve them.
When the cheeses are melted over the chips, remove the pan from the oven. Carefully remove chips from pan and place them on serving plates or a serving platter.
Add dollops of, sour cream, pico de gallo (or salsa) and sprinkle with any other vegetarian toppings you wish.
Mexican made quick and easy for Meatless Monday. Not to mention at only 479 calories per serving you also save your waistline some extra calories without sacrificing lots of flavors.
Give this a try, I know you will love these delicious nachos!
- 12 ounces Tortilla chips
- 1 cup Mexican cheese blends or any of your favorite
- 1 cup whole black beans drained and rinsed of liquid
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ½ cup Pico De Gallo or your favorite salsa
- 1 poblano chili pepper roasted and chopped
- 1 avocado diced
- ½ cup green onions chopped
- ¼ cup black olives sliced
- ¼ cup pickled jalapeno slices
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
- Any other Meatless toppings you wish to add
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the chips on a baking sheet, add black beans and cover with the cheese.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Carefully remove chips from pan and place them on plates or serving dish. Then add dollops of, sour cream, pico de gallo and sprinkle with other toppings.