Sometimes you need a speedy meal, so I am here to tell you these No-Bake Greek Pizzas are the recipe you need!
I’m serious. I made these pizzas so fast that I almost forgot to take pictures for this blog post!
I must have been Greek or came from the Mediterranean in a past life. My body craves it! Seriously, I don’t think I could ever tire from eating Greek foods. I love the beautiful colors and the freshness of this style of food. The beauty of Mediterranean foods is healthy, which is a great reason to love them even more.
The Greek Pizza Crust
For the crust, I used pita bread. Pita bread is perfect for individual serving pizzas. To warm them, you don’t even need to turn on the oven, toast them over a gas burner on the stove, or heat them for a few seconds in the microwave. You don’t even have to heat them if you don’t want to.
The “Sauce” For Greek Pizzas
The sauce for these pizzas is really not a sauce at all. It’s hummus. (Yes, my newfound beloved food.)
I used artichoke hummus as the sauce, but feel free to use whatever flavor hummus you like.
Just spread about two tablespoons of the hummus across the surface of the pita bread, leaving about a ¼ to ½ inch border so you can grab it with your fingers to eat without getting them messy.
The hummus spread crust is topped with a Greek salad made of ripe cherry tomatoes, crunchy cucumbers, black olives, and red onions. Then a layer of crumbled feta cheese and fresh herbs add the finishing touch.
It’s worth mentioning that when adding the Greek salad to the pizza, it is best to use a slotted spoon or fork to ensure that the juices from the vegetables do not make the pizza soggy.
These No-Bake Greek Pizzas are the perfect way to enjoy a quick, easy healthy lunch, or supper and feel like you are getting something extra special on Meatless Monday.
When I made, these David wouldn’t even try them. I made him a quick cheese pizza using my homemade pizza sauce and flatbread. His pizza wasn’t all that time-consuming to make, but WHY he in the world would not try these is beyond me!
I didn’t push it on him too hard on the subject; it just means there is more for me!
No-Bake Greek Pizzas
- ½ cup cucumber diced
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes quartered or halved
- ¼ cup red onion thinly sliced
- ¼ cup black olives pitted and sliced
- ¼ cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 small pitas multi-grain or wheat
- 4 tablespoons hummus use your favorite
- dried oregano for garnish
- Combine the cucumber, tomatoes, onion, olives, olive into a small bowl. Toss with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Warm the pita bread in a pan brushed with olive oil, pop the pita bread in the microwave for about 15 seconds, or on a gas stove. To warm on a gas stove, turn the flame on medium-low and place the pita directly on the burner. Flip and move the pita around every 5 to 10 seconds to ensure it heats evenly and doesn’t burn. It usually takes less than a minute to warm, and become pliable and a little crusty.
- Spread each pita with about two tablespoons of hummus. Using a fork, toss the Greek salad a bit and then place about half of the Greek salad mixture evenly on top of each pita. Sprinkle each pizza with about half of feta cheese and a pinch of oregano.Serve immediately.
Leave a Reply