As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
I first posted about the Salsa Club Rollups back in 2013, but I thought it was high time I brought it back to life again. If you are looking for a quick and easy summertime lunch or supper, you’ve got to try a Salsa Club Rollup!
A what?!?!, you asked.
I used to frequent Applebees restaurants when I was younger. I’m not a big fan anymore and I never got over the fact that they took the Salsa Club Rollups off their menu. Instead of whining and pining over a not being able to get my beloved rollup anymore, I decided to resurrect this dish own my own.
A Salsa Club Rollup is a flour tortilla with ham and cheese rolled up inside. The rolled tortilla is sliced into mini rolls, then the rolls are accompanied with shredded lettuce, salsa, a heavy dollop of sour cream and garnished with chives or scallions and pickled jalapeños.
David and I eat them a lot in the summer because they are so light and refreshing. Want to make them? Here is how I make them:
Warm a tortilla per the package (or over a gas burner on the stove like I do).
Place the warm tortilla on a plate and smear a thin layer of mayonnaise over the tortilla.
Depending on the thickness of deli meat, arrange a flat layer of meat covering the entire surface of the tortilla and top with cheese.
Start at the edge closest to you and carefully roll the tortilla up. Folding in the sides as you would a burrito is not necessary, but you can.
Once you have the tortilla rolled up, cut it into the half. Then cut the halves in half. Depending on how you arranged your ingredients, there may not be as much in the ends of the tortilla. It takes some practice.
Place the rollups cut side up on a plate with a bed of shredded lettuce, sour cream, salsa, and jalapenos.
Now the interesting part, eating it. The rollups were always served with lettuce, salsa and sour cream on the side. How you eat it is up to you…
I love to take them for lunch at work. They can be made ahead the night before and can totally your lunch break into a little fiesta!
Salsa Club Rollups
- 1 tortilla 10-inch
- 1 teaspoon mayonnaise
- 3 ham slices
- 3 turkey slices
- 3 cheddar cheese slices
- ½ cup lettuce shredded
- ½ salsa
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
Garnishes: garnish with chives or scallions and pickled jalapeños
- Warm a tortilla per the package or over a gas burner on the stove.
- Place the warm tortilla on a plate and smear a thin layer of mayonnaise over the tortilla.
- Depending on the thickness of deli meat, arrange a flat layer of meat covering the entire surface of the tortilla and top with cheese slices
- Start at the edge closest to you and carefully roll the tortilla up.
- Once you have the tortilla rolled up, cut it in half. Then cut the halves in half.
- Place the rollups cut side up on a plate with a bed of shredded lettuce, sour cream, salsa, and jalapenos.
- Serve or place in the refrigerator until needed.
Latest posts by The Mountain Kitchen (see all)
- Delectable Pan-Seared Pork Chops with Dijon Bacon Vinaigrette - February 21, 2020
- Air-Fried Dill Pickles With Chipotle Dipping Sauce - February 19, 2020
- Valentine’s Day Recipes For Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner - February 12, 2020