As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
The first time I made taco soup I followed the recipe that I was given, but David really didn’t care for it. I really liked it but knew that I could modify it to meet our tastes better.
Since then, I have made some modifications to the recipe. I am delighted to say that David will at least eat this soup whenever I make it. However, he still claims it is not one of his favorite soups although he scarfs the whole bowl down. He’s not the easiest person to satisfy sometimes.
I love this soup. The recipe is easy to follow and every mouthful is so full of Mexican flavors that I just love and I think you will too!
This easy to follow crock-pot taco soup is made of ground beef, seasoned with taco spices and cooked with beans and corn in a rich tomato sauce, then topped with cheese sour cream and jalapenos.
Definitely worth sinking a tortilla chip into!
How to make Taco Soup
Add a tablespoon of olive oil to a large pan. Brown the ground beef and onions; drain off the excess fat.
Add all ingredients to a 6-quart crock-pot. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
Serve this taco soup topped with shredded cheese, sour cream, pickled jalapenos, and cilantro.
I love using a crock-pot and don’t get to often enough. One of the best things about a crock-pot is being able to enjoy this more!
I hope this recipe gives you more time to enjoy the things you love!
- 1 pound ground beef (chuck)
- 1 large onion chopped
- 15 ounce can pinto beans drained
- 15 ounce can whole kernel corn drained
- 14.5 ounce can stewed tomatoes
- 15 ounce can Ro Tel tomatoes and green chilies (or tomatoes with green chile peppers)
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 ½ cups water or more to make soup broth
- Add a tablespoon of olive oil to a large pan. Brown the ground beef and onions; drain off the excess fat.
- Add all ingredients to a 6-quart crock-pot. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Serve this taco soup topped with shredded cheese, sour cream, pickled jalapenos, and cilantro.