As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
The first time I made taco soup I followed the recipe that I was given, but David really didn’t care for it. I really liked it but knew that I could modify it to meet our tastes better.
Since then, I have made some modifications to the recipe. I am delighted to say that David will at least eat this soup whenever I make it. However, he still claims it is not one of his favorite soups although he scarfs the whole bowl down. He’s not the easiest person to satisfy sometimes.
I love this soup. The recipe is easy to follow and every mouthful is so full of Mexican flavors that I just love and I think you will too!
This easy to follow crock-pot taco soup is made of ground beef, seasoned with taco spices and cooked with beans and corn in a rich tomato sauce, then topped with cheese sour cream and jalapenos.
Definitely worth sinking a tortilla chip into!
How to make Taco Soup
Add a tablespoon of olive oil to a large pan. Brown the ground beef and onions; drain off the excess fat.
Add all ingredients to a 6-quart crock-pot. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
Serve this taco soup topped with shredded cheese, sour cream, pickled jalapenos, and cilantro.
I love using a crock-pot and don’t get to often enough. One of the best things about a crock-pot is being able to enjoy this more!
I hope this recipe gives you more time to enjoy the things you love!
- 1 pound ground beef (chuck)
- 1 large onion chopped
- 15 ounce can pinto beans drained
- 15 ounce can whole kernel corn drained
- 14.5 ounce can stewed tomatoes
- 15 ounce can Ro Tel tomatoes and green chilies (or tomatoes with green chile peppers)
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 ½ cups water or more to make soup broth
- Add a tablespoon of olive oil to a large pan. Brown the ground beef and onions; drain off the excess fat.
- Add all ingredients to a 6-quart crock-pot. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Serve this taco soup topped with shredded cheese, sour cream, pickled jalapenos, and cilantro.
The Mountain Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to allow sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
There is no extra cost to you for clicking! It just helps us afford to do what we do here at TheMountainKitchen.com. Thanks for your support!