As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
David bought some blackberries from the farmers’ market this past weekend. He decided he was going to make blackberry crisp. You know David, he doesn’t have a tooth in his head that isn’t a sweet tooth.
Do you like blackberries?
I don’t, but David loves blackberries. It’s totally a mouthfeel kind of thing for me. I don’t like gnawing on all those little seeds that don’t seem to go away. He thinks I’m crazy and you will probably side with him on this one and end up making this recipe.
According to David, this blackberry crisp is tart and tangy, topped with rolled oats, brown sugar, pecans, with the warmth of cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger.
We hope you enjoy this blackberry crisp!
David’s Blackberry Crisp
- 1 ½ cups blackberries fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease an 8×8 baking dish with butter or non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- Place washed blackberries into a bowl and stir in sugars and flour.
- In a medium bowl combine oats, brown sugar, flour, and spices. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in nuts. Sprinkle topping over filling.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes (40 minutes for thawed berries), or until fruit is tender and the topping is golden.
- Air Fryer Cod – A Healthier Option For Fried Fish Lovers - May 7, 2021
- Cinco De Mayo Recipes - May 2, 2021
- How to Clean Leeks: A Step-By-Step Guide - April 23, 2021