Have you ever had smoked beef short ribs? We haven’t until no a couple of weeks ago.
We have discovered another local meat market that has wonderful local fresh meats. A couple of weeks ago, we took advantage of our findings. David decided he wanted to smoke some beef short ribs on the grill. I am always ready to eat when this man wants to cook beef of any kind!
We’ve been doing a lot of grilling lately. Maybe it’s the fact that David’s grill is easier to get to on the deck, I don’t know, but I ain’t complaining! Our stove is just too hot for summertime cooking.
Smoked beef short ribs rubbed with herbs and spices and slowly smoked with mesquite wood over indirect heat.
If you love beef and you love grilling, give these smoked beef short ribs a try.
Let us know what you think. Comment below!
Smoked Beef Short Ribs Smoked With Mesquite Wood
- 2 ½ pounds beef short ribs about 6
- 4 cups mesquite wood chips
- Your favorite BBQ Sauce
- ½ tablespoon Kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Sprinkle the short ribs liberally with the rub, coating all sides. The longer they marinate the more flavor they will have.
- Place wood chips into a large bowl and fill with water until they are submerged as much as possible.
- Heat a grill to 230 - 250 degrees F. Oil the rack. Carefully place a handful of the soaked wood chips onto the coals. Place the ribs on the rack over indirect heat. Cover and cook for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Turn, throw another handful of soaked wood chips onto the coals and cook for 45 minutes more.
- After the ribs are smoked, place them in the middle of a sheet of aluminum foil. Wrap and return to the grill for another 15 to 30 minutes, before serving.
- Transfer the ribs to a cutting board and let them rest, still covered with aluminum foil, for 10 to 15 minutes. Serve with barbecue sauce, if desired.
Latest posts by The Mountain Kitchen (see all)
- Pork Chops With Apple-Bacon Stuffing - October 16, 2019
- October Field Trip Friday • Old Bust Head & The Front Porch - October 11, 2019
- Farm-To-Table Peanut Butter - October 9, 2019